Brian and Me

Brian and Me
Great Hubby!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Woods - Chapter 4

This chapter discusses how The Constitution was established and how the government of the United States was set up. The nice part of this book is how Wood gives not just the facts but, includes interesting facts about how this country ran. For example, Wood discusses on page 84 why George Washington was picked as commander in chief. He discussed how Washington's military abilities was not what got him to that position. It was his character. I found that to be a very interesting part and it gives us some insight on what truly mattered. It also explained that keeping the states linked was vital for true success. The chapter also discussed the process of starting a war and the thought before the war takes place. As with the other book,  I found this author did an excellent job of not just writing facts but, taking us back to the colonial time and helped us understand that time. I do feel that is a sign of a great author.

2 comments:

Karen Finucan said...

Kathy,
I liked the straight and to the point of this book. I found Wood easier to read than some of our other authors. I also recognized his ability to keep his biases out of this(well, as much as possible!).

John said...

I agree with both of your assessments about Wood. He does an excellent job of getting the key points across without injecting too much, if any, of his own opinions. I thoughly enjoy reading about history, but sometimes get annoyed at too much bias in a writting.